Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer FREEBIE Finds~



Hello friends! 

It's been a crazy summer so far. I've been updating some of my products on TPT, planning for the upcoming year, and of course, {s h o p p i n g} for my classroom. I'll be honest...I've spent a lot of money, but I've also been fortunate enough to  find great deals online -- many FREEBIES. After I posted a picture of my favorite freebies on IG, I've received several emails asking about them, so I decided to share them on my blog. Most of the freebies I'll share today are geared toward classroom management and posters for decorating your elementary classroom.


- click pictures / links to be directed to the creators blog or TPT store

{none of these are my work!}

Classroom Management:                                                           


Okay, this is probably my favorite freebie EVER. This is an excellent classroom management system that can keep your lesson going even when students have questions/comments {Can I go to the bathroom, sharpen my pencil, etc.}. Use hand signals / sign language instead! This is especially useful for teachers who have large class sizes. Check it out! Seriously. 



These are great for any elementary teaching thinking about using Whole Brain!

{Get students actively engaged in learning}


AND...
You can also download this 

{several posters you can use to introduce WBT in your classroom!}

{4th - 8th}

Volume check! Hello! How many teachers out there are dealing with the noise volume in their classroom? Kids thrive on consistency and expectations. I genuinely believe that students NEED these reminders. This is a great visual to keep students reminded of the expected "noise volume" in the classroom. Use a clothespin to identify which noise volume is appropriate for the current activity / lesson. When you are introducing this, have the students demonstrate what each volume would sound and look like.

I also found one that might work better for K-3 {with visuals}. You can color code them by printing them on different colored card stock. :D

{K-3}

{Side note: I don't use the "Outside Voice" on mine. I don't think a classroom should ever be that loud, but that's just me.} 


Have a handful of students who are easily distracted? Use this as a reminder! It is great for students who get off track easily and need the reminder. :) Visit lifeloveliteracy.blogspot.com to see how she uses it!
Brownie Points 
I love this! I can't wait to use this as an incentive for my students when they are in their regular ed classroom, at specials, etc. I have many students on behavior plans, so when their other teachers see an improvement in their behavior or I receive a compliment for one of the students, their grade level will receive a Brownie Point! {I teach 4th & 5th, so the 4th graders will have a pan and the 5th graders will have a pan}. When the pan is full (10 brownies) the students will get real brownies. :D

Classroom Posters/Decor: 

{this is SERIOUSLY free} 


Why not keep your elementary classroom old school with this Apple Theme Bundle! It's over 200 pages FOR FREE. :)


Bring some humor in your classroom! {recommended for upper elementary through high school}. Classroom Memes are a great way to share classroom rules {and jokes} that will make you and your students laugh. You can find these all over the web too & even create your own here

Inspirational Quotes




How inspiring is this quote?! Check it out on TPT. These will look great in any classroom. 

Do Not Disturb

{Testing}


Is your class testing? Hang this outside your door! It's super cute.





Ahhh! I have some freebies that I love, but this is a good list for my other newbie teacher friends {and all teachers, really}. I hope they are useful! Make sure to check out my TPT store for some of my freebies as well! 








Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment